The City Cricket Academy (CCA) was established by former first class cricketer, Don Bhagawati in 2006, the Freeman’s Common premises being opened by former England skipper, Mike Gatting in 2008.
Since then we have continued to develop our cricketing links and credentials, giving us an enviable reputation in cricket coaching in the UK and abroad.
- Our partnership with Leicester Grammar School and University of Leicester allows us to benefit from the magnificent ground and playing facilities.
- Leicestershire County Cricket Club uses City Cricket Academy (CCA) extensively for their own training, as part of the good working relationship we have with them.
- The academy’s strong cricketing links with Test playing nations give younger players access to exciting opportunities to develop their skills in different cultures via International Tours to, for example, India and Dubai.
- We have teams competing in the Leicestershire Youth Leagues during the summer season.
- We are fortunate to regularly have former Test cricketers as guest coaches and advisors to the academy, bringing insightful ideas and coaching tips to the coaching team.
Underpinning all of the above is the City Cricket Academy (CCA) team’s passion and love for the game, and the genuine desire to encourage this in every single individual that comes here, by helping them be the best that they can be, whatever their potential and experience.